Zenfolio | Forgotten Isle | St. Adamnan's Church

Also known as Old Lonan Church, St. Adamnan's stands on an ancient religious site, with Celtic crosses dating back to the 5th century AD, when there is thought to have been a small keeill on the site.

Due to the churchs remote location, it was decided a new larger church would be built to replace St. Adamnan's in a more accessible location. This was built in 1834 and St. Adamnan's fell in to a state of disrepair, but was later restored by the vicar of Lonan in 1895.