Zenfolio | Forgotten Isle | Glencrutchery Water Treatment Plant

The treatment plant was opened in 1934 and served the capital of the island for over 75 years. It was de-commissioned sometime towards the end of 2007 - early 2008, and replaced with a new treatment works to meet new quality standards. It's like walking into a time machine, everything is untouched and left as it was, except the laboratory which has been stripped.

There is a planning application for development of the site.