The mill was in use during the early 1900's, producing fullers earth, which amongst other things was used in the production of talcum powder. There was once a small railway which would transport the materials to the mill, though no sign of the railway can be seen today.

Previous to this, the site of the mill was used as a corn mill, and prior to that for the production of timber.

Today the actual mill building is a small crumbling ruin, and the dwelling house is very overgrown, has severe structural cracks, and is heavily boarded, preventing interior shots.